We organise a range of religious, social and educational activities. Please feel free to attend any of our events. For security reasons, if this is your first visit please contact us in advance so that we are aware of your visit. To download a copy of our recent newsletter click here.
Over the past few years the Solihull Shul on Monastery Drive has grown from being primarily a Synagogue to a fully edged Jewish Community Centre. As many members are unaware of the vast range of activities and services that we o er, I have listed some below. We would be delighted if you wish to avail yourself on any of our services.
• Prayer Service every Friday Night, Shabbos Morning, Yom Tov, Sunday Morning and Bank Holiday Morning. • Prayer Services at any other time by arrangement to allow the recital of Kaddish.
Kiddushim & Breakfasts
• Kiddush every Friday Night
• Hot cholent Kiddush after the service every Shabbos. • Smoked Salmon Bagel Breakfast following the Service every Sunday
Communal Celebration of Festivals
• Sukkos Party
• Simchat Torah Luncheon
• Chanukah Party
• Public Menorah Lighting in Mell Square
• Purim Party
• Communal Seder
• Shavuot Luncheon
• Friday Night Meal
• Mishloach Monot – Purim Gifts to members of the community.
Activities for Youth
• Cheder for children aged 3 -13 on a Sunday Morning. • Bar & Bat Mitzvah Preparation Classes.
• Pre Yom Tov Fundays for children.
• Childrens Play Ground.
• Children’s Service every Yomtov.
Solihull Academy of Jewish Education
• e West Midlands Jewish Medical Ethics Forum • Solihull Jewish Business Ethics Forum
• Bagels Lox and Torah every Sunday morning.
• Text based Rambam Shiur every Sunday Evening. • SMILES Lecture Series every Monday Evening.
• Ladies Discussion Group with Rabbi Pink every Tuesday Morning
• Retired Gentlemen’s Shiur every Wednesday Morning. • Shiur for Ivrit Speakers every Wednesday Evening.
• Torah & Tea Shiur every Saturday Morning.
• Text based Talmud Shiur every Saturday Evening.
• One to One Study Sessions with the Rabbi or Rebbetzen
• The Thursday Club for over 60’s • Meals for the housebound.
• Hospital Visitation
• Prison Visitation
• Educational Visits to the Shul for Schools and other groups
• National Holocaust Day Service
• Civic Service
• Regular Social Activities • Hakol Newsletter
• Week Ahead Emails
• Judaica Store
• Tefllin and Mezuzah Checking Service
• Stanley Middleburgh Reference and lending Library • Hall and Kitchens available for private hire.
• Countersigning Facility for Official Documents.
• Help and Advice in organising Life Cycle Events Bris, Pidyon Haben, Bat Mitzvah, Bar Mitzvah, Wedding, Funeral, Stone Setting.